Out Hunting

          Yet another day went by, I’m still unable to find a job. I tried picking nirnroots for Arcadia again, but managed to only pick up one of them after four hours of scavenging the plains to the West. I knew that would only net me few meager septims, not enough to buy anything. So I started to look for a deer or rabbit for tonight’s dinner.
          I finally found a deer after patrolling the plains for half an hour. I began to feel an adrenaline rush that I haven’t felt for fifteen years. I sprinted towards the deer and landed a blow to its left rear leg. The deer panicked and ran. I was able to catch up to it since it couldn’t run as fast with a wounded leg. I lunged, and delivered another blow to its right leg. The thing knew running away with two wounded legs would only delay the inevitable. So the bastard turned around. Antlers out and in front, he charged at me. It was my life or his. The antlers got me right where the wolves bit me yesterday, knocking my sword out of my hand. So I raised shield and bashed the beast right in the face, stunning it for a few seconds. I picked up my sword when the deer was still stunned. When the deer finally recovered, it was too late. I drove my sword the beast’s face, right between the eyes. It was absolutely glorious.
          With my wounded arm, I couldn’t carry the beast back by myself. So, I asked a traveling merchant to carry it back to Whiterun for me, and I would give him a portion of the deer in return. I decided to keep the nirnroot I picked up earlier and have Dora prepare it with the deer. It’s been a while since I’ve had sautéed deer with nirnroots. The deer tasted so much better than any deer I’ve bought from the meat market. But maybe I’m bias, because I caught it.
14th of Last Seed



2 comments:

  1. I am unfamiliar with nirnroot. Could you explain where I may find the root... There is little green here, but if we dig deep enough we can find some roots and deep seated plants. Everything helps. My people are starving. What are its components and what can it be used for?
    Gracias.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lula, nirnroots are green plants that grow near water. You can usually find it on the edge of a pond, lake, or any bodies of water. Nirnroots makes a very distinct ringing noise when you approach it. Hope this helps. My thoughts go out to you and your people.

    ReplyDelete