Dragonborn!

         I can’t sleep for some reason. It’s 3AM right now, here in Whiterun.
The city is asleep. There’s only the occasional sound of the guards on night patrol, of the drunkards stumbling home from The Bannered Mane. Maybe it’s just me, but there’s also an occasional feral roar echoing from the distant mountains. Those hermits at the Throat of the Worlds are probably up to no good again.
I’ve been thinking a lot about the dragon rumors…Oh, I forgot. The rumors introduced another piece of the story today. My guard buddies are saying a mysterious person came to Whiterun today. He met with the Jarl and warned him of an impending dragon attack. They say that he is among the prisoners at Helgen when the dragon attacked; that he was scheduled to be executed along with Ulfric. The Jarl took him seriously, too. He met with Farengar, the court wizard and was assigned to retrieve an artifact in some perilous dungeon. Typical.
What is it about prisoners that make them so special, I wonder? The person who helped Martin defeat Dagon Mehrunes in Cyrodiil during the Oblivion Crisis was a prisoner. He was there when Uriel Septim was assassinated, too. And before that, the one who united the Dunmer Noble Houses in Morrowind was also a prisoner. Sometimes, I just don’t understand the Divines that designed this world.
18th of Last Seed

No comments:

Post a Comment